Coronavirus Sensory Bottle- easy to make!
The Coronavirus is a hot topic in our household these days. Did you know that the spikes on the surface of the Coronavirus give the virus its family name. Corona is the Latin name for crown. Fun Fact of the day!
We came up with this simple and fun Coronavirus sensory bottle. My twin toddlers and kindergartner enjoyed making and playing with these so much that we wanted to share them with you.
This sensory bottle craft is a nice calm activity for the kids and the little mess we made making these was well worth it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sparkle Pom Poms with Spikes– I found these at Target.
- Water Bottle- VOSS plastic ones are really nice because you can clearly see the items inside he bottle. I found some at Walgreens, but Walmart has them too. You can use any water bottle though.
- Glitter– Any kind will work. We used this pretty blue glitter from Target as well.
- Funnel– This is from Amazon.
- Water -Yep, just plain water.
- Optional- Hot glue or super glue to seal the bottle cap tightly.
- First gather all of your materials.
- Squeeze pom poms through the bottle opening.
- Use the funnel and pour about 1/3 cup of glitter into the bottle. You can always add more if you would like to later.
- Add water almost to the top, leave a few inches for extra space.
- Close the water bottle.
- Turn the water bottle upside down to see if you would like to add more glitter or more water.
- Optional: Hot glue or super glue the bottle shut with the cap.
- YOU’RE ALL DONE!
I hope you and your child find this craft simple and fun to do!